Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

China Trip

Alex (good friend from College) and I (Matt) went to China for a week to visit John Witty and his pregnant wife Laura. John met us in Shanghai (our first stop) for a few days, then we took a plane to Beijing for a few days, then to Yantai where The Witty's teach english at the local university. Above is our very large economy class aircraft. Alex and I sat in the middle of the middle! This was a pretty rough 13 hour flight!
First evening in Shanghai. We checked into our luxurious hotel and then it was straight to McDonalds for some comfort food. After that we headed down to the Bund. The Bund is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Shanghai. Building heights are restricted in this area. This area was initially a British settlement; and later the American joined the settlement.
Next morning it was off to Starbucks!
This is gross. Leave it to Alex to eat this stuff. John thinks this is a pigeon, but I think it is some kind of bat!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: