Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

We started the day having breakfast at Fisherman's wharf on the pier. Trey wanted waffles so he had a huge waffle with strawberries for $3.25. I also wanted a waffle with strawberries but mine was $7.50. But guess what! Same waffle! Hmmmmm.
The Smullins, family friends from when we attended Cornerstone Church when I was probably a toddler, came to visit from Texas. This is Christine and her husband Shawn.
Here is Matt and David Smullin
Here are the other 22 people we ate with, all from Cornerstone Church!
After naps we hung out at the Sallees pool, then had yummy dinner bbq'in at their house with the Briwicks from church.
As you can see, Trey is still potty training :)

Then we walked to Laguna Niguel Regional Lake for fireworks!
This is Matt and Trey waiting for the fireworks to start. Matt isn't really asleep I just caught him blinking.



Here is a picture I took during the 1st 5 minutes of the show. How do I remember this? Because that's all there was! The foreworks stopped and didn't start again. Then we heard tons of sirens going down La Paz so we figured maybe someone got hurt. So we left. On our way back we found out some kids lighting their own foreworks caused a fire near the lake so they had to stop. Bummer. Stupid kids.
They finished the show about an hour later and we saw some of it from the house, but by the time Matt ran back up to get Trey out of bed and bring him down to see, the grand finale was over. It was so sad. Especially since the whole way back to the house Trey was saying "more boom" over and over again. :( But he did have fun throwing pop rocks durin the walk to and from the Lake!

But other than that, the whole day was super fun and the kids did great! Dax was really tired at fireworks but other than that was amazing the whole time. And so was Trey! Thank You Boys!
Happy 4th!

No comments: